Monday, December 20, 2010

Ice Galore.... 4.5 days until Christmas!

Well last week, there was an ice storm. All the schools around here were closed and I didn't go into work for 2 days because of the ice and snow mixture covering everything. Nayeli was so snuggly that i just lied on the couch and read all day. This gave me an opportunity to read for my last class that i have been putting off between doing AmeriCorps and a part-time job. On the upside of not going into work, I did get my class done. Well, I have to take two exams and then it is official, i will be done! Gosh, it will be nice not to have to worry about school for awhile! My pre-req nursing classes will begin in late-August, and excited to take classes that i am really interested in, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, etc.


This year, I am going to be spending Christmas with Jesse's family! I'll miss being with my family. But I am really excited to learn more family traditions and see how others spend Christmas! My Christmas shopping is almost done. I just have a few more gifts to get! I love Christmas! I especially love wrapping the gifts! My creative juices flow like none other! I spent Sunday doing the last minute shopping and wrapping gifts while watching Home Alone!  I am hoping that it will be a white Christmas....It would just be weird without snow on the ground...I will just have to wait and find out!

Mommy & Me flyers and handouts have been passed out all around town and I know for sure that at least one person will be there. I helped her out at the teen conference and wants to come to learn from me! It was such a great complement to know that I could teach someone something new especially coming from a lady in her position! The next few weeks will be nice to be around family and have a slight break! But also really excited to see where my Mommy & Me class goes and how many people attend in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment