Thursday, November 4, 2010

Baby galore!

This morning i volunteered at the hospital. This time i was on my own and was able to visit each floor and ask if they needed any assistance. Of course, i went to the nursery/labor and delivery floor first! They had me make little hats for the babies! They are not the cutest things ever but very crafty and get the job done! Here is what they looked like:


As i was sitting there doctors and nurses would come in and i would introduce myself and then she came in! The midwife that works through the womens health center and I just happened to be there while she was doing rounds! I introduced myself and she was like i am R. I hesitated for a moment and realized who she was and Ahhhh! It was great! I was like i have been trying to get in contact with you to talk about your experience as a midwife!!! We chatted for a few minutes and she said she'd love to meet with me! I can't wait! After I was done making the hats, I went down to registration and helped at the front desk, signing in people and pushing a few in wheelchairs. I left with a giant smile on my face because 1. there were twins in the nursery, 2. i got to meet the midwife, 3. i was able to help the nurses 4. everyone appreciated my help! 5. I am becoming more comfortable in my setting! I don't know what it is but i love being in the hospital! I can't wait to tell some of the moms that i made the hats the babies will be wearing after they are born!

No comments:

Post a Comment