Friday, February 18, 2011

Familiar Faces!

Yesterday, myself and another successcorps member met for lunch to discuss a club meeting and about our programs. We bounced ideas off of each other and came up with some great ideas! Then, this lady looks at me and goes "do you work at a.b.'s?" I said, "Yes." She was like "You gave my friend and I the info about the mommy and me class!" I said, "Yes, that was me! How are you doing etc...." Later i told her that i was giving away a car seat at the next meeting and she should come and bring her friends as well!

Before moving here I was a little afraid of not knowing anyone and not knowing the community. But through everything that i am doing, people are recognizing me and I am getting to know others. I know people in the community and people know what i am doing! I have seen people I know in the grocery stores and around town! It felt so great for that one lady, that i met only once, remembered me and my Mommy & Me! I can't wait to see her at my next Mommy & Me meeting. Also, the one lady that did come to my mommy & me on Monday, spread the word to other moms and they are now planning on attending as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment