Friday, February 4, 2011

The Roller Coaster of Life

Well yesterday was an eventful day, to say the least. In the morning, I volunteered at the hospital and the labor and delivery, nursery, and ob, wings didn't need my help. I was disappointed because i wanted to help. But the EKU students were there for clinicals and didn't need the extra help. I went down to registration and got to meet and help the people coming in to be seen in the ER or register for a procedure! The girl I was helping thought I had just got out of high school or was a senior in high school. Owh the marvels of looking young. But, I get this all the time and when I'm 40, I'll look like I'm 30, so it's ok. haha. Anyways, after that I was to meet someone to help me with illustrator. I wanted to create some graphics for the build a bed brochures but wasn't sure how to go about this. She got side tracked and totally forgot about our meeting. I completely understand and it wasn't a big deal. Now, we are now meeting on Monday! I can't wait to learn how to use illustrator!

After, I left our meeting place, Jesse and I had lunch and then off to the dentist to have them check out if a filling fell out. I got that taken care of and then went to pay and they said my insurance was expired. I called my director to try to figure everything out and the company hadn't processed the correct info yet and it wasn't updated in the computer. That said, I was covered/had insurance but the customer service reps couldn't reach the info because it hadn't been updated on their computer system.  After calls and waiting, we figured something out and hope that the problem will be fixed for next time! I did have a nice long chat with the receptionist/dentist's wife, while I waited for everything to get figured out.  (On top of this, jesse's keys fell out of his pocket in my car, so he was locked out of his house the entire time i was gone) She was super nice and hope that I am able to go back to the same dentist. I really liked the guy, he actually listened to my little spiel about where i am from, what i have done, and where i am going in life! I thought that this was amazing! He really cared. Finding that in a doctor, can be hard sometimes. Right before we figured everything out, I was almost at that point of no return, where everything comes crashing down on you and you just want to cry. I had to be to my part time job at 4 and needed to rest before i went because the night before i didn't get enough sleep. All the stress and everything that was going on in life, almost hit that point where, i just cry and let it all out. Well, I held it together, figured everything out and then left the dentist.

As I was leaving, i don't know how i didn't see it but i backed into a charger. The damage wasn't extreme, and hoping that he can just get it bumped out! This was the point where I broke. I just started crying everything came crashing down. I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes, called jesse and my mom, called into work because I had to deal with this and was not in the right mind set or shape to go wait on people. Then,  I went and found the owner of the charger. I was hoping that the owner was not in the dentist office that i just spent 2 hours in trying to figure out my insurance. I went to all the offices and the last one before checking the dentists office was the winner. A guy my age was the owner and showed no concern or emotion about what just happened to his car. This was somewhat of a relief but still couldn't believe what I had just done. Geez, i haven't had an accident since i was 16 where i hit a mirror off of an excursion (right before i hit it my sister said,  "you are about to hit the mirror", and then I hit it. I had to walk up to their door and hand them their mirror). Anyways, after I got the chargers info and gave him mine, i went and picked up jesse. He started walking to where i was, on the other side of town. When i finally reached him, he gave me a hug and i just let it all out. I felt so much better after crying and feeling safe and sound in his arms that everything that had happened today, disappeared. I dropped him off at class and then headed home. I decided that I was going to take some time for myself. I took a shower and treated myself to a pedicure and painted my finger nails, while watching one of my favorite shows, csi. Nayeli was bouncing around and kept me company. Things could have been worse. But the day was better.

I went and picked up jesse from class because we were going to make dinner together and he had some great news, which made everything even better. That news, will come later! We made spaghetti for dinner and watched a show together. Then, I worked on my taxes and went to bed early!

Gosh, what a day. I just try to remember that without these days, the good aren't good. Life is like a roller coaster, there are ups and downs. I try to sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment