Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Meeting/Activity with the moms at Madison High

Well, the activity went really well! They all loved making onesies. Walking through the high school brought back many memories of high school. eghh. high school. The girls seemed very standoffish, which i thought they might be. I tried to talk to them and ask them about their pregnancies and babies, but that is something i need to work on. I need to be able to get in the mind set like theirs. It's hard to pin point what they are going through at such a young age and their situations. I have NO idea what it is like to be in their shoes. But i hope to find out what they are going through and learn from them. They were all interested in creating the onesies but not really in what i had to say. I don't think they really understood what i would be doing with them! The next visit, i am going to do a pretend home visit so the girls see what i would actually be doing! I am going to try to make it fun and entertaining! Also, i am going to try an incentive, which would include on your 3rd visit you will receive a basket of goodies for you and your baby! I am hoping i can reach out and share their experiences with them! Here are the onesies they created!










These moms are amazing! I am so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment